This week in class we were asked to write about a brand that we were devoted to, what that devotion meant to us, and how that brand was presented in the media. The first brand that popped into my head was
Forever21.
Forever21.
This store was, and is my obsession. Throughout high school I couldn’t go a day without wearing something from that store, much like the rest of the girls at my school. Whenever asked what store that top came from or those jeans it could almost always be assumed that it was Forever21, at least it was like that at my school. The best part of the brand was that unlike other common and popular brands the names weren’t plastered all over the clothes, making it easier to see the outfit and style rather than the name. I was and still am very devoted to this brand, so much so that if given the option of buying the same top from Forever21 or another store I would be more inclined to buy it at Forever21. Though they may be made of the same materials the name changes how I feel about the product. Unlike other brands that are all over the internet and have multiple commercials playing on various channels, Forever21 doesn’t really crowd all sources of media with ads. I believe that this is one of the reasons that the brand is so popular, it isn’t everywhere, and yet it is. While the clothes are worn by millions they aren’t as obvious and the brand doesn’t place ads everywhere, making it feel cool and undiscovered.

No comments:
Post a Comment